Established in 1881, during the nation’s flourishing industrial era, Hudson was founded as a canvas sail manufacturer reliant upon the tall ships traveling and docking along the Hudson River. As the Northeast’s gateway for goods and travel during this era, the river’s long and storied history, intrigue and culture were the catalyst for Hudson’s enduring business philosophies and future creations.
Transitioning from its earliest beginnings to its current stature as the premier designer and fabricator of custom architectural structures, awnings and canopies has been a natural evolution for the multi-generation-owned company. Today, Hudson’s award-winning designs and products adorn premier, visually prominent commercial buildings. These span virtually every asset type, from major shopping centers, offices and apartment houses to hospitals, hotels, world-class dining establishments, chic retailers and renowned sports and entertainment venues. In addition, Hudson is a sought-after resource serving the television- and movie-set-designer industry niche.
The hallmarks for every high-quality,
successful Hudson project features:
- Unrivaled professional project management with expertise in working with general contractors on construction-related assignments
- Design and architectural consultations with recognized industry experts
- Superior creativity associated with graphic and logo designs that reinforce and augment brand identity
- Incorporation of the most-durable, weather-resistant membranes and fabrics spanning traditional to one-of-a-kind color schemes
- Architectural aluminum and stainless-steel frames with proven longevity as well as architectural steel tube and extruded aluminum frames
- Dramatic lighting effects utilizing state-of-the-art integrated technology
- Sustainability and green design elements achieved by incorporating recycled materials
- Installation rendered by a highly skilled team of OSHA 10- and OSHA 30-certified technicians with in-depth OSHA-worksite practices experience
- Customized approach to each project based on the client’s unique needs and business practices
- Engineering design and project assistance on behalf of construction companies, including close out documents
Hudson’s hard-earned, storied reputation is widely acknowledged within the architectural and design industry and beyond. The company holds numerous prestigious certifications and/or is a member of AIA; Industrial Fabrics Association International, the industry’s largest trade association; CSI; American Subcontractors Association; Fabric Structures Association; U.S. Green Building Council; Professional Awning Manufacturers Association; and Associated Builders & Contractors.
Honors and awards have been garnered from Forbes, Industrial Fabric Association International and various trade associations, including the New Jersey Restaurant Association and NJ Society of Architects.